Windows 7 Constant BSOD

vaitor

Hello,

It is really frustrating, I just got a new notebook MSI GS60 Ghost and I get constant Blue Screens with Driver Power State Failure.

I googled through tons of help pages, I formated and reinstalled windows, I updated with all windows updates, I reinstalled my Graphic Drivers (both Intel and NVidia) multiple times with different versions but the error still comes up. It also comes up pretty random. I changed power settings too by changing time and leaving everything to "max performance" but it doesnt make any difference.

Did someone had this before, Any idea? I attached the latest dmp file, the only thing I can read out of it is that it is connected to ntoskrnl.exe but thats it... If needed I can upload more, but they all have the same error message as far as I can see.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Florian

Attachments

• 051814-7924-01.dmp
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 210
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800d831a10, fffff8000474e3d8, fffffa8012faeaf0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
your dump file is blaming PCI.sys which is a driver that helps hardware to communicate although it could that something is causing that particular driver to crash.
Usually laptop drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and it looks like your missing one or two drivers. Can you check with the devices webpage and apply all appropriate updates including firmware and bios. I notice there is a firmware update for Vbios which may have some relation to the above. Please make sure you follow the instructions re flashing bios and notice the message concerning what os your machine originally came with.. Either win 8 or win 7 as it has a bearing on the flashing of the bios. Anyhow I'm pretty sure this is your systems page but please do check:
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS60_2PC_Ghost.html#download

Current bios:
BiosVersion = E16H2IMS.101
BiosReleaseDate = 03/07/2014

Post any new dump files.

thank you, thats a good idea... I did indeed not upgrade the bios firmware yet. lets see if that works..

Back
Top Bottom