Windows 7 **constant crashes & blue screen**

user123

Hey guys,
My Pc is driving me nuts lately.. what keeps happening is my pc will randomly shutdown after no specific time interval and on occasion shows a blue screen just before powers out. The blue screen doesn't stay on for long so is very hard to read.
Thanks alot guys, ps anymore specs you need just let me no.

specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7000 Build 7000
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model 965P-DS3
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F11, 26/04/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7000.0"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 993 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.29 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.10 GB

SPEED FAN REPORT:
Fan1: 1208 RPM
FAN2: 0RPM
FAN3:1940 RPM
FAN4:0
Fan5:0

GPU:65C
TEMP1:34C
TEMP2:25C
TEMP3:-2C
CORE0:23C
CORE1: 21C

Your GPU temp is a bit on the high side. I'd say it should remain under 60. That may be your issue. I'd like to hear from some others on this as I'm not an expert. I run my fans to keep mine under 55. That is, 56 starts red flag territory for me.

Your specs say you're using Version 6.1.7000 Build 7000. Are you still using the Beta? If so I'm surprised it still works at all.

I'd consider changing to the RC Build 7100. Its much more stable and could more than likely fix your problem.

Increasing fan speed or reducing it's load, some times power saver can help it too- but that will slightly reduce performence

Graphics card is a little hot but i don't think it's hot enough to cause a crash at least not with out some additional symptoms.
Do you notice any odd visual artifacts especially issues that increase before a crash? If that is an idle reading and it is much hotter under load the card temp could also be a problem. The beta should be shutting down every two hours by now but that is supposed to be like clock work but i have not tested it it could be more random than advertised. Do you have another OS installed so you can verify this behavior there as well?

yea im still using beta hasnt stuffed up till now.. where can i download that 7100 build?

Graphics card is a little hot but i don't think it's hot enough to cause a crash at least not with out some additional symptoms.
Do you notice any odd visual artifacts especially issues that increase before a crash? If that is an idle reading and it is much hotter under load the card temp could also be a problem. The beta should be shutting down every two hours by now but that is supposed to be like clock work but i have not tested it it could be more random than advertised. Do you have another OS installed so you can verify this behavior there as well?
nothin unusual happens visually except the blue screen ofcourse..
I might trying out the 7100 build how can i get a hold of it?

The beta expired Aug 1. That's why you can't make it run. You have to run the RC (Build 7100) after that. Click on here in dam89's post above. You can get the RC there.

Back
Top Bottom