Windows 7 constant freezing

smiley rulez

hi all
my computer keeps freezing. The hard drive led stays fully lit and the power light goes off but the fan still spins.
I have to hold the power button in to reboot and then it asks if i want to go into safe mode.

I have had win 7 for a good 2 months and ive only noticed it the past week .

please help

Probably not but:
I had a problem were avg Resident shield would use 100% of the cpu time and and the hard drive activity would go sky high.

Perhaps:
1. Does this happen when in safe-mode?, if so check your drivers in device manager.

2. Have you changed any power settings or any Bios Settings?

3. You could try a system restore OR repair from the Win7 disc.

ive had these problems for about a week.

yes and no it happens any time really but mainly just after boot.

yes i installed a new anti malware program recently.

yes i do windows update everyday.

yes i have changed the power setting so the hard drive never turns off when left idle.

hi

the anti malware program i used was malwarebytes!

i am currently running my pc in safe mode and i will check it when i get home at 12:30.

the program i have been using is glary utilities.

I know how to get to event log but i dont know how to check for errors can you tell me how?

i ran disk check a couple of days ago and there was no error but i will run again to be sure.

hi

the anti malware program i used was malwarebytes!

i am currently running my pc in safe mode and i will check it when i get home at 12:30.

the program i have been using is glary utilities.

I know how to get to event log but i dont know how to check for errors can you tell me how?

i ran disk check a couple of days ago and there was no error but i will run again to be sure.

Links to event viewer and several ways to identify problems are in my tagline.

after leaving it in safe mode unattended all morning. nothing has happened so when it's in safe mode it fine.

i run event view and there are 2486 events!

Last edited:
after leaving it in safe mode unattended all morning. nothing has happened so when it's in safe mode it fine.

i run event view and there are 2486 events!

Possibly video driver?
Try downloading the latest driver for your video card then remove the old one in Device manager then load the new one.

Back