Conteban Trojan

Randomdude

Hi, I recently have been getting a warning of conteban trojan from windows security. It says the threat is severe. So I click remove. Everything seems ok then I edit word doc which is kept on an extrernal portable drive and try to attach it to an email and I get the Arno g again that the document is infected with the trojan. So i remove again and download malware bytes and do a scan and it shows nothing? is it possible for portable drives to have a Trojan? I used windows defender to scan the drive and it says there is nothing but then when I make a new doc and try to attach it to email it says again that there is a Trojan and it deletes the document. i don’t understand what is going on with this. If I have windows defender and malware bytes both saying there is nothing so what is the issue with word docs?

Where did you get the drive, and where is the Word program on it downloaded from? Either could be the source of the Trojan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi the drive I’ve had for at least 7 years which I purchased from officeworks. Word is not installed on the drive. Word is installed on my PC. My documents are stored on the drive. I purchased office from Microsoft. I did a full scan on the drive with Microsoft safety scanner and it shows zero threats.

Ok. I would run a deep level scan on both your computer and the drive. You should have a solid firewall--if not, that may be the source of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back