Windows 7 Context Menu

larryo

How can I put the FORMAT command in the Explorer context menu. I would like to right click on CD drive listed in explorer and select FORMAT from the list that appears. Thanks for and assistance in advance.
larryo

On the computers I have, "Format" is already in the context menu???

Sorry. I see I am in the Windows 7 forum. Can't remember if that had it??

Later. I see in some of my old archives, I have a utility called Filemenu tools. I remember using it a while ago, and I believe it works in windows 7. I tracked its origin to here:

Last edited:
Most writable CD/DVDs are write once.
Thanks for reply. I am aware of differences in CD-R and CD-RW. I wish to format CD-RW's and the CD drive does not display the Format command in the right click context menu on this Windows 7 machine. I normally use Win 10 and that command shows on that machine, but I haven't used Win7 in quite sometime and do not remember if it was normally displayed and I want to have it displayed. Again thanks for reply

On the computers I have, "Format" is already in the context menu???

Sorry. I see I am in the Windows 7 forum. Can't remember if that had it??

Later. I see in some of my old archives, I have a utility called Filemenu tools. I remember using it a while ago, and I believe it works in windows 7. I tracked its origin to here:

Thanks, I will get that program and see what it does that. I thought there was a simple regedit command that would add it to menu. I also like you don't remember if it was normally displayed in Win 7 as I went to Win 10 when it first came out and it displays on that machine, but I want to use this old Win 7 machine and it is not displayed there. Thanks again

For file types it's not too difficult to add menu items. For a device object it may be possible, but it's probably represented as a GUID and you'd need to determine that in order to add the context menu entry.

For file types it's not too difficult to add menu items. For a device object it may be possible, but it's probably represented as a GUID and you'd need to determine that in order to add the context menu entry.
Thanks again. I will try working with davehc's Filemenu Tools program suggestion and some other context menu programs I located.

Back
Top Bottom