Convicted serial killer won on 'Dating Game'

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by reghakr, Mar 10, 2010.

1. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

(CNN) -- Before he was a convicted serial killer, Rodney Alcala was a winning bachelor on "The Dating Game."

"Oh yeah, I remember it quite clearly," said Jed Mills, the game-show contestant who sat next to Alcala in 1978. "He was creepy. Definitely creepy."

Found guilty in February of murdering four women and a child, Alcala, 66, is acting as his own attorney in the penalty phase of the trial. He is hoping to persuade the jury in Santa Ana, California, to spare his life.

[​IMG]

The crimes Alcala committed date to the late 1970s. Nobody at the time knew the man with the wavy long hair and toothy grin was an apparent psychopath -- an unstable, antisocial personality.

That includes Mills, a veteran television and film actor, whose only encounter with Alcala was when both of them appeared on "The Dating Game."

"That's when I became part of a nightmare, and I didn't realize it was a nightmare until 32 years later," Mills said.

Alcala, who already had been convicted for the 1968 rape of an 8-year-old girl, was the first contestant to be introduced in the game-show episode.

More..........http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/08/dating.game.killer/index.html?eref=rss_us&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_us+(RSS:+U.S.)

2. whoosh

whoosh Cooler King
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Just goes to show , you can never know . The fact he won the dating game , shows he was liked . The killer with a smile !