Windows 7 Copying Prohibited

NovaM

Hi there, I've been using the RC's for a few months now, loving it. But since installing RC2 I've run into a wall. I cannot watch live tv on my premium channels(in Canada, Movie Central most notably). Media Center plays for a few seconds, and then freezes, and displays a message that copying is prohibited and I need to watch the program on the original computer it was recorded on. Which would be all fine and dandy if I wasn't watching Live TV.

Has anyone come across a fix for this?

Another odd occuarnce would be the occational "Low Bitrate" warning while watching TV. The Media Center is connected to 2 cable boxes via S-Video and toslink connections... Bitrate should never be an issue if I understand the message? I would summize that might be an issue with OTA HD programming?

*shrug*

Help and suggestions anyone?

Hello and welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

What exactly do you mean by RC's.:confused:

there is only one RC, that's the official RC directly from MS.
Is this the version you're using?
The exact make and model of your motherboard and TV Tuner would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

I'm using build 7201 RC2 (Release Candidate 2) x64
There are no hardware problems, the tuners are Hauppauge PVR150's.
There are no problems with regular programming, only on premium channels. It's a software problem, not a hardware problem, the channels veiw correctly using 3rd party and OEM software from Hauppauge, only in Media Center does the issue exist.

Downloading these leaked builds just leads to more problems.

Was it working correct with build 7100?

This is an issue with Media Center and I'm sure MS is aware of it and will be fixed before RTM.

7100 Worked correctly, with the "Low Bitrate" message a few times, a reboot always fixed it, I assume it has to do with buffering live TV, as the media center is always on, and only off if I reboot, it's the only thing it's used for.

The again I'd have to say it's due to the build you're using.

these new builds are supposed to be fix all solutions, they're just test versions (not meant for the public)

Yeah, I know :p
I've been on the MSDN Beta list since Windows 95 was in Beta.

I've tapped the pro's, you'd be surprised how often home users find solutions faster than the dev team.

Back