Windows 7 Correct Program to Read Tiff Files

gnbalbion

Hi all, Can anyone tell me what is the correct/best program to open, view and to search TIFF files with, under XP one could open with windows fax viewer and seach for text in the opened file. The W7 programs MS Office picture viewer, Windows Photo Viewer etc will open view & print but no search facility is available. These Tiff files generally come from a scanned doco on a copier or via a fax translated into a file on receipt. Any help and advise will be appreciated. Thanks Garry

Not quite sure what you're referring to as the TIFF image format doesn't support embedded text. There are quite a few TIFF editors around, many freeware, (I use one called PicPerk) but they are image only editors.

Business usually relies on Lotus Notes to handle TIFFs. I actually liked how it did when I used it working at UL as project manager in Wire/Cable. I'm sure it's quite expensive but I figured I'd mention it anyhow.

Hello: Thanks for the help, very grateful, I have found a very good freeware called Brava Reader which at this time is handling these "Tiff" files very well.
Thanks...Garry

Back
Top Bottom