Windows 8 Cox

lostsoul65

In Windows 8 with Live Mail I can not get an working email account? I have called them up 3 times and the email with windows live doesn't work. I've set up thosuands of email accounts but this one does not work. Is there anyone that has a working email acccount in Windows 8 with with windows live and with cox and if so please let me know? They also said that they will not be supporting Windows 8 for serveal months.

Hi Lostsoul,

may I ask if you have a Hotmail or Outlook account? Also is Cox a POP3 type of email cient? If so then Win 8 email app doesn't do POP3.

You can use this link to create a Microsoft account:

https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx...54729919&uiflavor=web&mkt=EN-GB&lc=2057&lic=1

Once created please post back and we'll go through the next step.

Also what is your installation? Upgrade or clean install, Download or installed from disk/USB drive?

Last edited by a moderator:
is Cox a POP3 type of email cient? If so then Win 8 email app doesn't do POP3.

Yes Cox is a POP3 so I am going to forget about them for a while and after a month of studing Windows 8 I can say I just don't like it. I'm 65 years old and I came up form DOS 1 so Windows 8 just don't work for me and I put Windows 7 back in but thank you for the info.

Hi,

no problem but if you do decide to try with Windows 8 again we'll be here if you need us.. :)

Lost if you use IE 10 you could go to your Cox mail on their website, sign in and then pin it to the task bar or desk top. That's how I do all of my email. It might work for a while. I'm with Cox as well but do not use their mail. I've found it easier to use Gmail since that isn't dependent on any one ISP.

I've found it easier to use Gmail since that isn't dependent on any one ISP.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good because if I plug in my Windows 8 again I think I'll use Gmail but on all my other Windows 7 computers I'll just stick with live mail. So I'm thinking to just deleting windows essentials 2012 because Defender does all my security.

You can use Windows Live Mail 2012 in Win 8 as well. That's how I check all 4 of my email addresses, including my Pop mail from my ISP.

Back