Windows Vista CPU Question Vista Ultimate

carnagehunts

Hi im using vista ultimate with a new computer that has 1g 9800GTX 4g RAM and 2.5H/z with an nvidia 750i
and I just started it up and in the beginning it would only process 2% cpu max when idle but now since I started playing some games after 3rd day of use the computer when idle reaches 27% cpu+ and I don't know if its that vista is updating or if something is active and hidden to me because I see no processes in my screen. Can someone help me I am super new to vista and I kinda hate its pacman style RAM eating.
Just reply to cpu prob nothing else ram is not issue here lol

Hi carnage,
it could one or two things... Indexing is one or and perhaps more likely, it's 'Superfetch' doing it's thing.. This utility moniters the apps you use the most frequently and makes sure that these are placed in the memory ready for you to use straight away... So don't worry it sounds like your pc is doing exactly what it's supposed to do... :)
Welcome to the forum.. :D

thx for the help I wasn't to sure about it but you've been a lot of help. Now I don't feel so worried about my pc thx and hopefully I won't be back here to soon lol.

Glad to be of help...:) And please visit the forum even if you don't have a problem as there's often interesting posts, download links and the odd arguement or two.. :D

Back
Top Bottom