Windows 7 CPU Shutdown when playing games

NewMind

Hi, I recently purchased a Dell Studio laptop with Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone knew of this problem or if so would there be a solution to it :

When i play games like Farcry 2, NBA 2K10, Need For Speed: Shift and more... my CPU crashes most of the time. It fully closes on its own. It is very frustrating for me. It only does it when i play games. If anyone has a solution or an idea of the problem it would be greatly appreciated to know.

Thank you.

Hello and thank you for the reply. To answer your question I do not get any error message and i can not take screen shot because the hole computer shuts down ( like if i would unplug my desktop), the power just stops. Then at start up i get the screen to run safe mode, start windows normally etc.

Well i checked fans and it seemed alright... but i noticed that close to the mouse pad.....the tempeture seemed hotter than other places maybe my laptop is over heating, or perhaps its a problem with windows 7 or my pc.

@ NewMind,

1. Connect your monitor thru Standard port, not DVI
2. Make sure you using latest video driver and that you also have your monitor driver installed
3. Update DirectX
4. Make sure that your power supply is enough for your rig

U use beta version?

As i know if u not use retail version,u will got that problem

Note: Im using beta version be4,i got problem same like u,always restart while using computer.But now im using retail version,no problem anymore

Hi, I recently purchased a Dell Studio laptop with Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone knew of this problem or if so would there be a solution to it :

When i play games like Farcry 2, NBA 2K10, Need For Speed: Shift and more... my CPU crashes most of the time. It fully closes on its own. It is very frustrating for me. It only does it when i play games. If anyone has a solution or an idea of the problem it would be greatly appreciated to know.

Thank you.

Check your temps using this app: Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

@ R®USSHIMI,
Well i think it is beta, it says Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7600, in the roight bottom corner of my screen.
Why would dell put a beta version ? .... lol. Could you tell me where i could get retail or if i can just upgrade the test mode?

Thank you very much.

Selling notes with 7 RCs could have been quite real, just like at the times Vista RC some notebooks came with an optional Vista RC 2. Now, the question is do you have a windows 7 license, home, professional, or ultimate, do you have the genuine 7 key or do you have the slic license in your dell bios ? If you do, then you can ask dell for a 7 final DVD.

Anyway, I understand Dell was supposed to sell you laptop with a genuine operating system, so you should contact your vendor or ask Dell for clarifications.

@ R®USSHIMI,
Well i think it is beta, it says Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7600, in the roight bottom corner of my screen.
Why would dell put a beta version ? .... lol. Could you tell me where i could get retail or if i can just upgrade the test mode?

Thank you very much.
My pc is clone,not brand like u.Im install Win7 my self,and im use my crack :D

Ok well thank you everyboduy for the responces.. i think i figured out my problem ... i do have a genuine version. what i did i wrote windows 7 test mode build 7600 in google and found some forums where they say to type a certain line in the cmd to deactivate testing..I beleive in testing mode the all around performace of the laptop was compromised there for resulting in a to big demand( Mygames) it shut off my pc.

Thank you everyone..real appreciated for your time.

PS: i will be testing it il use my games in the highest graphics to see if it still does it because i noticed the performance of the machine was better than befor.

never experienced such issue with windows 7. May be your graphics card is below the game requirement

Back
Top Bottom