Windows 7 CPU Speed

Stransky

Hi
I have installed CpuZ and SIW on my PC running Win7 RC Bld 7100 and both programmes when run show my CPU Speed as 1349.5Ghz at 6.75 multiplier. My PC is as per my signature. I also have Win XP Pro installed on a separate HDD and both these programs installed and they show the correct speed (3.1Ghz at 15.5 multiplier). Anyone come across this and if so
is it a compatibility issue or are the progs seeing the idle speed for Cool & Quiet ( I can not find an entry in the Biostar Bios to disable C & Q)

Stransky
(Douglas B)

Hi
I have installed CpuZ and SIW on my PC running Win7 RC Bld 7100 and both programmes when run show my CPU Speed as 1349.5Ghz at 6.75 multiplier. My PC is as per my signature. I also have Win XP Pro installed on a separate HDD and both these programs installed and they show the correct speed (3.1Ghz at 15.5 multiplier). Anyone come across this and if so
is it a compatibility issue or are the progs seeing the idle speed for Cool & Quiet ( I can not find an entry in the Biostar Bios to disable C & Q)

Stransky
(Douglas B)

Yup, thats probably what your seeing... You could always try running something in the background (say a media file of some sort) and then checking with CPU-Z. To disable cool n quiet you could change your power options under the advanced section. Just set the cooling policy to passive (see screenie)

Yup, thats probably what your seeing... You could always try running something in the background (say a media file of some sort) and then checking with CPU-Z. To disable cool n quiet you could change your power options under the advanced section. Just set the cooling policy to passive (see screenie)
Hi

Done what you suggested but CpuZ still reads as posted.
As long as I get the full power when I need it I'll just make do.
Their is a minimum speed setting which shows 5%, I suppose I could make that 100% and see what that does
but I have just got over the freezing problem for the majority of apps/programs and I don't want to mess things
up again. Only one game giving me a headache now (Farcry) keeps reverting to the desktop after a few minutes play.

Stransky
(Douglas B)

Their is a minimum speed setting which shows 5%, I suppose I could make that 100% and see what that does

Yup that should do it... I won't see any figures in my set up as I've got my cool and quiet turned off as it messes with my overclock.
Also the reason why CPU-Z didn't change is that the work you gave the CPU probably wasn't enough to raise it above a certain level.. (maybe)
Now then....Far Cry.... What a game! Sorry to hear your getting CTDs (crash to desktop)..Did you patch it?
Also try this guide as it'll hopefully provide some answers.. TweakGuides.com - Far Cry Tweak Guide

Hi kemical

I am unable to turn off cool n quiet in my Bios, there is no setting. The Biostar board uses an Overclocking Navigator Engine with Automatic Overclock System (AOS) which has 3 settings V6/V8/V12 Tech Engine. It can be set to manual (which I have done) to alter the multiplier, and voltage if required but there is no option to enable/disable c n q. I have a Black Edition 7750 o/c'd to 3.1Ghz multiplier is 15.5.

Farcry is patched to the latest vers but without the 64 bit enhancments as they are XP only.

Stransky
(Douglas B)

Back