Windows 7 Crash Dump from BSOD.

Amature Expert

Hey folks,

I've had three BSOD's in three days now all while playing either Skyrim and Dead Island. I have the three individual crash dumps attached.

The video card I am using is new to the system and has had its drivers updated to Nvidia's latest (not those from the manufacturer's homepage).

My guess is that I'm either having some kind of conflict with drivers here or that my PSU is inadequate but without being able to decipher the information in the dumps I can't tell. BSOD's are not my specialty at all but I don't want to simply ignore this.

System Spacs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
MB: GA-Z77X-UD3H
Memory: 8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600 DDR3
Graphics: Leadtek GTX 560Ti
HDD: Hitachi deskstar 1 TB
PSU: Coolermaster 460W

Cheers and sorry for the inconvenience!

Attachments

• 072412-27846-01.dmp
    298.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 072512-12620-01.dmp
    298.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 072612-12417-01.dmp
    302.2 KB · Views: 214
It may well be the PSU you mention yourself. Your graphics card requires 500W minimum... a 460W actually gives 350W or something, depending.

Your dump files show nothing drastic, plain Windows normal, resulting from something more than causes.

If you have no other problems with your system, I'd say the PSU is the one. I have ~ the same card nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (GF114-400), but I carry a 1000W PSU.

No need to be sorry for any inconvenience. There never was any. :)

Hope you get it running well and swell!

Last edited:
I agree with Titanic. The EVGA site states your video card needs a 550W supply with a +12 volt current rating of 30 amps (Recommended).

But I will try to look at your dump files, although I am not very good at it.

Edit: All three of your dump files seem to say the same thing .. "Memory Corruption".

Someone more experienced may see something else.

Last edited:
In addition to the two previous fine suggestions regarding addressing the potential inadequacy of your Power Supply Unit.
I would recommend you also address these three drivers that predate Windows 7 RTM
GVTDrv64.sys 9/5/2006 and etdrv.sys 3/19/2009 Easy Tune (known issues with Windows 7) uninstall and or rename for testing
and
gdrv.sys 3/12/2009 Easy Saver (power utility) uninstall and or rename for testing.
If Blue screens persist after tending to the above three drivers and the potential power supply issue which I suspect may indeed be the more likely culprit.
Then;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Additionally:
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Additionally, if you haven’t already, please take some time and fill out your system specs in your forum profile area http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 .
And you may want to consider updating to Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
UPDATE READINESS TOOL.
Download and install the correct system readiness tool prior to installing SP1.
System Update Readiness Tool for 32bit (x86)
System Update Readiness Tool for 64bit (x64)

In addition to the two previous fine suggestions regarding addressing the potential inadequacy of your Power Supply Unit.
I would recommend you also address these three drivers that predate Windows 7 RTM
GVTDrv64.sys 9/5/2006 and etdrv.sys 3/19/2009 Easy Tune (known issues with Windows 7) uninstall and or rename for testing
and
gdrv.sys 3/12/2009 Easy Saver (power utility) uninstall and or rename for testing.
If Blue screens persist after tending to the above three drivers and the potential power supply issue which I suspect may indeed be the more likely culprit.
Then;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Additionally:
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Additionally, if you haven’t already, please take some time and fill out your system specs in your forum profile area http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 .

And you may want to consider updating to Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
UPDATE READINESS TOOL.
Download and install the correct system readiness tool prior to installing SP1.
System Update Readiness Tool for 32bit (x86)
System Update Readiness Tool for 64bit (x64)

Back
Top Bottom