Windows Vista Create System Image backup daily?

awalt

Is there a way I can have the "Create system image" done daily. say as a scheduled task? I feel much more comfortable with that instead of the regular backup.

Hi! Windows Vista: A Guide to Windows Vista Backup Technologies You also should create a Vista Installation Disc. I like \"Acronis Home\" But it uses up to much space in system files..

OT but Acronis is apparently incompatible with Windows 7.... according to Windows 7... while this is the Vista forum I find this disappointing to say the least. I am a bit worried about just how well Windows Backup and Windows Server Backup works...

****I like Acronis Home more than what came on my machine. Much easier and more comfortable to use. However, it stores files like a "son of a gun" If you use it on your "Vista" be prepared to partition and delete programs. Haven't even thought about putting it on the big computer yet. Lets hope "Acronis" comes out with a compatible "Windows 7" version. With Windows I think I had more problems with back up....Maybe it's something funny with my HP.
(The Windows Installation Disc is for small repairs)
I store movies now--You may need 8 gig for that, especially if family members store anything like that as well. I know there is a debate going on on that topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using Acronis True Image Home 2009 with Windows 7. No compatibility issue.

Problem was Acronis True Image Enterprise Echo Workstation (?) not Home...

Sorry. I am not totally au fait with your comment?
I was following the thread title and the follow ups.

By the way, fwiw. What does this mean:
"However, it stores files like a "son of a gun" If you use it on your "Vista" be prepared to partition and delete programs. Haven't even thought about putting it on the big computer yet. "

Is it a quote from somwhere. I don't seem to have the problem (If I understand it correctly??)

Just had the opportunity to use "Acronis Home" For the hell of it I put it back to about a month ago.

I installed "Acronis" on my C partition. With a back-up weekly, it quickly filled up my C partition. I tried taking a few programs off, not much left I want to take off. I may have backed up too much a couple of times.

Back