Windows 7 Creative Drivers

flylor

Hi,Have downloaded and installed Windows 7with no problemsexcept i have no sound.
My sound card is Creative SB X Fi Xtreme Music/Platinum sound card and am on a 32bit operating system.
Drivers i have got from creative show as incompatible.Any advice on what drivers i should be using would be appreciated.Regards

According to creatives forums you need to right-click on the exe and hit the compatibility tab. Then run the driver as administrator and you should be good to go...

Go to HERE and download and install these drivers. They worked for me with a Dell branded Xfi Xtreme music card. I now have full 5.1 surround out of each speaker

Go to HERE and download and install these drivers. They worked for me with a Dell branded Xfi Xtreme music card. I now have full 5.1 surround out of each speaker

I have a Dell with a X-FI Extreme Gamer and when I run these drivers, I am unable to use any of the applications. It says I don't have a compatable sound card. Drivers install ok and sound works. Is this normal or are the apps, like the control panel supposed to work to??

Windows 7 Beta Drivers for X-FI Xtreme Audio card

I've just installed a new Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio card, which initially wouldn't work with Windows 7. Through this forum I found a reference to the Creative Worldwide Support page which had Windows 7 32bit Beta Drivers available for download (27.8mb). Installed them and hey presto, I have great sound. Thanks guys.

http://support.creative.com/downloads/

Back