Windows 7 Credential Manager: mystery

Spudgunner

The Credential Manager (control panel) appears to have an entry that I did not put there myself.

Generic Credentials
Internet or network address:
virtualapp/didlogical
user name: (one that I do not recognise)
Password: (unknown 8 character password)
persistence: local machine

(I am new to Windows 7 (recent clean install - drive wipe) and have never seen Credential Manager before (even in Vista), although I think it has something to do with signing automatically into websites without using cookies.)

Any idea what entry is, and should I try to delete it?

Thanks, although it doesn't explain the entry that I didn't put there myself (virtualapp/didlogical). It just should not be there. I don't know whether to delete it or not.

For instance, Windows 7 offered to remember the login details for Amazon. I assume that was The Credential Manager prompting this question, and I clicked yes. However, Amazon is not recorded on the Credential manager. This is when I discovered the strange entry I mention in my original post.

Again, today I signed onto a new site, but this time Windows 7 did not offer to remember the login details. However, the mystery entry is marked as modified.

:-*
Makes me wonder if this is related to that Prism Surveillance system that's been in the News recently.
:-*

Back