Windows 10 Critical_Structure_Corruption (win32kfull.sys)

jimi

Hey there

I've been getting these BSODs since the end of last year, if I remember correctly, but over the recent months they've been getting more and more frequent. I've delayed trying to fix this problem before now as I've been out of work with health issues and the crashes have as a result, never cost me more than lost progress on games etc. Nothing that would be really missed. Now I'm heading back into work I'll need my PC for things I can't risk losing through these crashes. I've looked through various websites and the fixes suggested haven't worked for me so I've wound up here.

When the crashes occur I get the generic Blue Screen with the "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" message followed by "(win32kfull.sys)" and the usual "We are collecting data and restarting ....". I've also noticed that any sound playing from the speakers at the crash jams in repeat until the restart happens (Thought the more info I give, the better!) .

Another site told me to use 'BlueScreenView' to get info on these crashes and while I dont understand any of it I have noticed the alarming frequency of them eg. 8 in the last 4 days =/

I've followed the sticky post and attached my "dump" files or whatever they're called and if you need any thing else to help I'd be glad to oblige. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Jimi

Attachments

• W7F_16-05-2016 (2).zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,494
Without any analyzing of your blue screen at all from me (which I'm sure someone else here will give you), have you ran any memory tests to verify your RAM is ok?

Without any analyzing of your blue screen at all from me (which I'm sure someone else here will give you), have you ran any memory tests to verify your RAM is ok?

Yup debugging at the mo'

thanks for the quick replies.

not sure how I run those RAM memory tests but i imagine google will have the answers. though kemicals answer implies he's doing it... which at the risk of sounding like a total scrub... i ask, is that possible from the file i sent?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f59ce439698, b3b72be020c54eeb, fffff9609bdcc000, e}

Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!_imp_KeQueryPerformanceCounter+0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this bugcheck can be caused by drivers altering code for whatever reason or a hardware corruption like data stored in memory that's failed.

Looking through your dump file I can see that your drivers are in need of updating as is your bios:

asahci64.sys Thu Jan 05 05:08:19 2012: Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver please update:
Asmedia ASM-106x Sata 6G controller Drivers Version 3.1.9.0 WHQL

AsIO.sys Tue Aug 24 02:53:02 2010: Asus PCProbe Utility please remove as it can cause issues.

asmthub3.sys Wed May 02 17:23:54 2012: ASMedia ASM1042 USB 3 drivers please update:
Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.34.2 WHQL

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related please remove.

athwbx.sys Wed Nov 13 08:05:17 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter please update:
Download Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver 10.0.0.329

cmudaxp.sys Thu Mar 10 07:44:15 2011: ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver (I think) please update:
Xonar DG - Support

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel engine management please update using the drivers found on your support page under 'Chipset':
(install both drivers you find in there)
P8Z77-V - Support

iaStor.sys Wed Nov 30 03:39:19 2011: Intel storage driver please update:
Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

iusb3hcs.sys Thu Jan 05 11:56:40 2012: Intel USB 3 driver please update.
Download USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family

jswpslwfx.sys Thu May 15 11:28:50 2008: D-Link USB Wireless Adapter Driver or TP-Link Wireless PCIe device driver please either update or if no longer used remove.
TP-Linkj

Support - Welcome to TP-LINK
D-Link
Support

BiosVersion = 0906
BiosReleaseDate = 03/26/2012
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z77-V

This Bios is very old and current version stands at 2104 with many updates for stability and compatibility. Please update although if your unsure about it leave it for now and we'll come back to it. Perhaps there's a friend or a local pc shop that could help?
P8Z77-V - Support

There is a chance that your memory may be the cause of the issue. If after making the above changes the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

so much info...

right, i looked through some other sites earlier and have tried something a user said microsoft recommended to them, involving updating a specific driver. i'll give it a couple of hours (as thats usually the average time between crashes) to see if that fix worked. if not i'll start going through and update/delete the drivers you listed. I assume i can just search for the files that need removing through the windows bar right?

i'll then update the bios, which might also solve a different problem i have (not being able to access them at all...), and if that fails i'll run the 12 hour+ test on my RAM.

either way i'll repost with updates to keep you in the loop and post more dumps if crashes occur

thanks again for the help

jimi

I assume i can just search for the files that need removing through the windows bar right?
Most you'll find in the remove programs area.

Hope all goes well.

Post any new dump files.

Hello again

So as you can guess by my presence, the BSOD's still happening. I've started to go through the list you provided but I'm yet to get any of them to work (I assume I'm doing something wrong).

For example,
AsIO.sys Tue Aug 24 02:53:02 2010: Asus PCProbe Utility please remove as it can cause issues.
I tried looking for this file in the remove programs area to no avail and upon searching the name in google was told it's in the C/Windows/System/Drivers folder. Though once I open said location the file isn't in there and even looking for "Asus PCProbe Utility" finds nothing on my pc.

I then tried downloading some of those new drivers you mentioned
asahci64.sys Thu Jan 05 05:08:19 2012: Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver please update:
and
asmthub3.sys Wed May 02 17:23:54 2012: ASMedia ASM1042 USB 3 drivers please update:
Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.34.2 WHQL
but when I run the executionable file nothing happens/is updated.

Finally I tried this update
athwbx.sys Wed Nov 13 08:05:17 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter please update:
Download Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver 10.0.0.329
and although it downloaded fine I can't find anywhere on the page that tells me where I'm meant to put the new files. All those in the aforementioned "System32/Drivers" folder end in .sys and so I assume it's not there?

So to summarise, it appears I'm PC illiterate. Any chance of some more help?

Jimi

Hi Jimi,
no problem, just give me a few minutes and I'll do you a quick guide.

Just got the dump file too... :)

another little update kem;

I've managed to update
cmudaxp.sys Thu Mar 10 07:44:15 2011: ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver
and
HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel engine management please update using the drivers found on your support page under 'Chipset':
(install both drivers you find in there)
P8Z77-V - Support
sucessfully, aswell as the TP-Link drivers (though I couldn't find D-link in my directories to remove it).
On opening this fix it said my PC wasn't high enough spec to run it?? =/

And lastly I got the newest BIOS update in .CP format and I've googled how to 'flash' and update them but I'll save that til I've given these other fixes a chance to work.

Jimi

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f59a5d8bb66, b3b72bdff85a73b9, fffff9613cafc000, e}

Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!_imp_KeQueryPerformanceCounter+0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Jimi,
surprise, surprise a bugcheck 109 again. Ok let's see if we can get you updated using the drivers you had trouble with. I'll use the first one on the list above as an example:

If we download and unpack the contents we see this:
d1.jpg

Now you could try running the set up exe again but this time right click and run as admin. If it still refuses to work then you can install the drivers using Device manager.
Included in the download are what's called system information files or 'infs' and you can also use these to update the drivers. First we need to find them so let's start with the obvious and click the folder marked 'Driver-Win 10'.
In this screenshot, if you follow the top arrow you'll see which folders I entered to get to the file needed:
d2.jpg

See the file I highlighted with the large arrow? Well that's the system information file or 'inf'.

Ok so now we know where the file is you just need to know how to use it.

Open Device manager and look under Storage controllers.

You should find one for the Asmedia controller and you need to right click on that and choose properties.

(I'm going to use my Device manager for screenshots but obviously I have a different controller and I'm not installing the same driver but it will do as an example)
d3.jpg

If you again follow the arrows, I right clicked on the controller, chose properties, update driver and then browse for driver software. You'll see a box appear in which you can browse to the 'inf' which you located earlier.
d4.jpg

In fact all you need to do is simply browse to the folder which contains the 'inf'. (Oh the reason why it's in folder marked amd64 is because it relates to 64bit, i386 is for 32bit.) click ok and you'll see the address appear in the browser bar.

Simply click next and it should install, you may have another prompt I've forgotten about but essentially just click ok.

You can use this same process for all three drivers and if you run into any issues please post back.

On opening this fix it said my PC wasn't high enough spec to run it?? =/
I might have mistakenly used an incorrect driver. I'll find another and post back.

Firstly, thanks for the detail help :D

Through the device manager I've updated the few drivers I was having trouble with (except the one that said my PC was too low-spec). Only things I haven't done on that list now (BIOS Update and RAM scan not included) is remove 'AsIO.sys' and 'AsUpIO.sys' as I'm having trouble finding them. I'll look around on google after dinner and try some more, but now I imagine it's a matter of waiting and seeing if the crashes have stopped.

Jimi

Your very welcome Jimi. If you cannot find those apps later then pop back and we'll have a look.. :)
Bon appeti!

After some brief searching I found a video on youtube for updating those two drivers that gave me their location (C/Windows/SysWOW64/drivers) and I've removed them from that file (to the desktop for the time being).

I'll give the PC another day or so and see if the crashes continue and then get back to you!

Jimi

I'd be interested if you haven't solved your problem yet just a single hour run of Memtest86, worked on enough machines to know to eliminate hardware possibilities pretty quickly ;)

I'd be interested if you haven't solved your problem yet just a single hour run of Memtest86, worked on enough machines to know to eliminate hardware possibilities pretty quickly ;)
Thanks Josephur, Depending on his next reply this is what's planned next.

Last edited:
Hello again guys.

After a weekend of heavy use I'm glad to say I've had zero crashes so it looks like those driver updates/removals work. I should note that on Friday Windows 10 updated itself to the Pro version and once that was complete it said it had removed a few Intel/Asus Drivers that didn't work with this current version of Windows. So whether it was one or the other (or both) of these things that contributed to the solution I'm not sure. I'd be happy to upload another one of those Dump files if it helped others with similar problems.

Either way, thanks again for all the help, I'll be sure to return here again if I encounter any Windows related problems.

Keep up the good work!

Jimi

Back