Windows 10 CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (win32kfull.sys)

grundyboy34

My computer has randomly started throwing this BSOD recently, error CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION(win32kfull.sys).

I've used whocrashed and WinDbg on a kernal memory dump but have yet to see a problem. Trying to analyze any dump just points me to win32kfull.sys as the issue.
At one point I tried to use driver verifier as well, however I couldn't even boot as it instantly threw an error on avast antivirus driver. I uninstalled avast and tried again, but it did the same with my logitech drivers, which just led me to believe that verifier wasn't behaving as intended.

I'm all out of ideas and so is google, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• W7F_18-06-2016.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 411
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f59042a9792, b3b72bdf56ac52af, fffff9615b42d000, e}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\win32kfull.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32kfull.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32kfull.sys
Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull+34d000 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
most of your dump files were like the above and mean that the kernel has detected data corruption. This can take the form of a driver or data held in RAM which has failed.
As you said above the driver verifier was getting false positives and neither did i see mention of any driver. The only update i found which may bear some relevance is a Bios update that's pending.
BiosVersion = 1.70
BiosReleaseDate = 12/16/2015
SystemManufacturer = MSI
SystemVersion = 1.0
BaseBoardManufacturer = MSI
BaseBoardProduct = Z170-A PRO

The latest update:
snip.JPG

If your uneasy about flashing the bios then leave it and we'll come back to it if need be.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

I installed some recommended drivers from MSI's Live Update Utility, and flashed the newest BIOS. Going to see if this solved anything. If not, I'll let Memtest run the next time I goto work.

Thanks for the update and hope all goes well.

Post any new dump files.

Still having the crashes, same errors and dumps. Still haven't had the chance to run memtest yet, but I did use the Windows one which returned no errors. Either way, I'm highly doubting it's hardware issues as I just built this PC not long ago, so all parts are new, and the crashes only recently started after about a month of working fine.

I'm highly doubting it's hardware issues as I just built this PC not long ago, so all parts are new
New parts can be be faulty plus the windows memory testing app can miss errors which is why I said this:
If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.

Also please post the new dumps even if it's the same bugcheck.

I'll run memtest tonight and see if it returns anything. Meanwhile, here's another zip file of recent bsod.

Attachments

• W7F_20-06-2016.zip
    749.7 KB · Views: 375
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f58d31b0604, b3b72bdf259d9ac1, fffff961625cd000, e}

Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!_imp_KeQueryPerformanceCounter+0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see, same again. If the memory test reveals nothing then we'll try the verifier.

First however you must and I mean must create a system recovery disk/USB. (unless you have a Win 10 install disk).
The reason for this is because the verifier stresses drivers on start up to see which, if any, will bsod. This can sometimes lead to a bsod start up loop and you can use the recovery disk/usb to boot into safe mode to turn the verifier off.
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

Once created you can then go ahead and run the verifier. Please post any resulting dump files, thanks.

Just had another crash this morning, but it was win32k.sys this time. Perhaps that dump log can tell your more info.

Attachments

• W7F_21-06-2016.zip
    852.8 KB · Views: 330
Hi,
same bugcheck 109 as you know but with only one thing of note:

NTIOLib_X64.sys Mon Nov 26 10:11:53 2012: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities. Please remove to test.

Follow up with scans outlined in post above.

Last edited:
Back