Windows 7 Crysis 2

cybercore

Crysis 2: Gameplay impressions | GamesRadar

Never underestimate the power of a good demo-er. From what should have been a sterling first look at the gameplay of Crysis 2 ended up as a bit of ham-fisted blast-a-thon that barely showed off the brilliance of this New York-based shooter. It's ironic as we were told at the beginning of the demo just how varied the game allows you to be - stealthy, gung-ho or tactical. Yet they were all mashed into one big bullet-filled patty.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Regardless, you can still just about see the genius shining through. Everything about Crysis is big and dramatic. From the way that Prophet (what they're calling the hero in the demo) drops from the sky and lands with a thunderous thud when leaping from buildings to the huge sniper rifles you can fire while invisible. Heck, you can even twat enemies with parasols if you like. But it's the NYC setting, which thrills us most. A place, say the developers, will help to drive the story rather than the island action of the previous game.

OK, so loads of titles use the Big Apple as a backdrop but combined with the superb visuals that Crytek are capable of producing Crysis 2 is already looking hot.

The demo we were walked through starts off with Prophet staring out from a bust up building on Wall Street. Choppers fly past and debris falls from the skyscraper as the camera pans around the incredibly detailed destruction below.

A quick leap to the ground, from some 20 stories high or so, and Prophet is scanning the area. Marking off his targets with his nanosuits goggles. All starts off well - a huge jump lands him behind an enemy on rooftop who meets his maker with a stealth kill. Another enemy is at the end of walkway but rather than remain invisible all hell breaks loose as Prophet opens fire with a machine gun that's as loud as war. Soon there are soldiers flanking and peppering our hero from all angles, which he quickly deals with.

But as the dust settles, Prophet is invisible again and staring down the sights of a sniper rifle ready to take out a distant enemy, sadly a stray shot is fired and suddenly his position is revealed again meaning more strafing and shooting. It's at this point we wonder whether God mode is on.

The rest of the rooftop action is full of run and gun, apart from two key moments when a) a guard is picked up by his throat and thrown through a window to his death and b) a parasol is used to twat an enemy unconscious.

We also get to see our hero in an unfamiliar, vulnerable position as he's captured by the enemy and has all his powers depleted. Mysteriously, his suit powers up again when a giant enemy spike erupts through a building and kills all the grunts around him with its spooky power.

As he regains full strength he takes on a few aliens in a dazzle of explosions, grenades and uber violence and then the demo ends. We're already looking forward to this immensely, and even though the demo was a bit slap-dash it's plain to see it's going to be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer

Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer</A itxtvisited="1">

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Crytek and Electronic Arts just Link Removed due to 404 Error[FONT=verdana,geneva] that a multiplayer demo for Crysis 2 is available exclusively on Xbox Live starting next Tuesday (January 25th). The names for all of the six game modes are: Assault, Capture The Relay, Crash Site, Extraction, Instant Action and Team Instant Action. Additionally, there will be eight variants of those modes available. Three new map names popped up as well: Sanctuary, Parking Deck and Skyline There will be twelve maps in total. [/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]Crysis 2 will be available for PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360 on March 22nd in North America and March 25th in Europe.[/FONT]

Let's hope this comes to pc too (the demo)

Ref: Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer
[/FONT]

Re: Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer

AH Damn!
Why does it have to be the DAY AFTER my Xbox live subscription expires!?

I might just have to renew it ahead of plans now.. Thanks for the info Ross! :)

Crysis 2-Be strong+System requirements

Crytek and EA have released a new trailer for Crysis 2 titled 'Be Strong'.

Meanwhile Electronic Arts Germany has posted system requirements for the game, giving folks a chance to upgrade before the March 22 release date.

Crysis 2 will require at least:
* Internet connection to play for the installation of the game and get online
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2Ghz or better
* 2 GB RAM
* Hard Drive: 9 GB
* DVD ROM: 8x
* GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD 512Mb RAM or better
* Audio: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
* Keyboard, Mouse or the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Re: Crysis 2-Be strong+System requirements

Hopefully its gonna be a mean SOB like its predecessors. I have a much better setup than is recommended on the current game cases yet I can't get it past 1080p, high settings with 4x AA, any higher settings and I drop below 25fps.

Seriously this is going to be an amazing game if it meets the hype set up for it. Those minimum requirements seem miles off what's going to be needed for any sort of enjoyable experience.

The original crysis still gives pc's a good work out but I'm hoping that Crytek will have learnt from the last game and not made the good visuals out of reach for the lower end guys. Mind you, Crysis was very tweakable and much could be turned on with too much FPS loss. If Crysis2 (or Cryeingine 3) is similar then the future looks bright...

I noticed warhead is better. I also find the game is indeed playable at lower frame rates anyway. But yes I cant wait. already preordered.

Crysis 2 Leaked!

An unfinished Dx9 version of Crysis 2 has been leaked to torrents. Personally I'm very disappointed and will not be pirating this game. Why? Well I feel that our PC gaming industry is under attack enough without this type of complication.

EA released this statement:

Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.

Ref: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Re: Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer

Crytek and EA have revealed that a PC multiplayer demo will out March 1st:

The time has come for PC gamers to take their best shot in Crysis 2 multiplayer. Available for download at Link Removed - Invalid URL and other partner sites on March 1, the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo includes two stunning maps, two adrenaline-filled modes, and hours of multiplayer action. In the demo, PC gamers will master the game’s signature Nanosuit, which allows them to be strong, be invisible, be fast and become the ultimate weapon.

Players will compete in six vs. six matches set against a war-torn Manhattan in two maps: “Skyline”, set on top of the rooftops and interiors of skyscrapers, and “Pier 17”, an open environment with limited cover. The demo also features two modes: “Team Instant Action” pits two teams against each other as they kill as many opponents as possible to win the round and “Crash Site,” where players will battle for control of alien drop pods, earning points by guarding their pods and keeping enemies at bay.

For more information on the two maps included in the demo, you can check out MyCrysis.com's "Map Focus" feature on Link Removed due to 404 Error and Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Crysis 2-Prophets Journey

A new video called Prophets journey has been released:

Re: Crysis 2-Prophets Journey

We are being spoilt today! Here's part 2 of the 'The Crysis Experience'..... Semper Fi!

Reference as above

Yet another video offering, this time called 'Be invisible'

I made this video of the new Crysis2 Multi demo the other day, sadly its quite smudgey in part to the annoying forced motion blurring when set to Hardcore detail, and partly down to the blending by Premier pro...still give you an idea...

This is DX9 only on the multiplayer, but plenty of detail upgrade over the console editions, the main thing that worries me is that the two maps on the demo are to be frank aimed at small vs modes, I'm hoping thats just for size restrained of the demo, and not a standard of the games multiplayer...as we don't need another CQC COD clone on the market, Crysis 2 needs to keeps it's Battlefield style large maps with vehicles etcs as seen in Crysis Wars, or they will have lost a sale from me.

What are you thinking about the third installment so far? I think it'll blow every other game out of the water for 2011.

Here's a handy tool for Crysis 2: Link Removed due to 404 Error On the page I've linked to you'll find a 'configerator' for Crysis 2 settings (PC version only). It won't really improve the graphical quality (we are all waiting for the DX11 patch right) but does give you more options than the default in game settings screen.

See the screenie for my version:

Last edited:

The PC version of Crysis 2 is to be patched next week. The changelist, which is by no means complete, is as follows:

PC Changes:

• • Vote-kicking feature added.
  • • Added a reserved slot system for server admins.
  • • Further improvements to anti-cheat measures.
  • • Objectives are returned if they end up in forbidden areas.
  • • Fix for Nanosuit Modules that could not be leveled in some circumstances.
  • • Fix for some instances of errors logging into multiplayer that would report "Could not connect to Gamespy".
  • • Fix for unlock tokens failing to be awarded if a player quit a game in which they leveled up before the end of the round.
  • • Fix for inconsistencies with weapon zooming.
  • • Fix for outdated stats being saved when a client leaves mid-game.
  • • Fixes to the Nanosuit Reboot option available at level 50.
  • • Fixed several weapon exploits.
  • • Fixed a rare issue where auto-aim, stealth kill and grab would not work on an AI.
  • • Reduced memory footprint of sound.
  • • Optimized full screen effects on some graphics cards.
  • • Optimized SSAO on some graphics cards.
Please note this list is not yet finalized and there may be more changes added before release. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your feedback on the game once the patch is out.

- MyCrysis Team

Changes to the MP weapons will also come into effect:

Hi everyone!

We've been monitoring weapon performance over the last few weeks and have made several balance adjustments. Below you'll find a list of changes that have already been rolled out to both 360 and PS3 and are ready for you to check out right now! The PC will receive these changes in the upcoming patch, due next week.

Weapons:
AY69: Increased recoil
DSG1: Reduced fire rate
Feline: Increased recoil
Hammer: Reduced recoil
Jackal: Reduced full auto spread, Increased single shot spread
Jaw: Reduced damage, Reduced rocket speed
Kvolt: Increased damage
LTag: Increased fire rate, Increased damage
Mk60: Reduced recoil
Scar: Increased recoil
Scarab: Increased recoil, Increased spread
Gauss attachment: Increased clip size, Removed damage falloff
Light shotgun attachment: Increased clip size, Reduced damage
Frag grenade: Increased damage
HMG: Removed crouch accuracy bonus

Modules:
Air Stomp: Reduced recovery time
Nano Recharge: Reduced recharge rate
Detonation Delay: Reduced delay
Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount
Point Fire Enhance: Reduced spread further
Weapon Pro: Increased reload and ironsight speeds further
Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs

Other:
Nanosuit 2.0: Reduced armour bonus
• Headshot damage modifier reduced

Link Removed due to 404 Errornce

Last edited:

Here's a handy tool for Crysis 2: Link Removed due to 404 Error On the page I've linked to you'll find a 'configerator' for Crysis 2 settings (PC version only). It won't really improve the graphical quality (we are all waiting for the DX11 patch right) but does give you more options than the default in game settings screen.

I tried something like that to edit the config for graphics and TBH couldn't notice the difference, stuff like smudgey AA and motion blur was still there annoying me even on the retail version.

Back
Top Bottom