Windows 7 CTRL+A Problem

rsellzey

Hello all.
I installed windows 7 from xp on my laptop. For a couple of months my CTRL+A worked and then all of a sudden it quit. I have noticed that Vista had these problems. Do you think they were carried over? Any way all replies are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.

Help me understand..... CTRL-A could have only carried over if you upgraded from Vista to Win7. Is that what you did?

You say you installed Windows 7 from XP. You can't upgrade from XP to Win7 so you upgraded from XP to Vista and then Vista to Win7???? Or maybe, you were in XP and inserted the Win7 install disk?? Trying to upgrade from anything is loaded with problems. Do a clean install and I would bet you don't have a CTRL-A problem.

Hello all.
I installed windows 7 from xp on my laptop. For a couple of months my CTRL+A worked and then all of a sudden it quit. I have noticed that Vista had these problems. Do you think they were carried over? Any way all replies are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.

I didn't upgrade from Vista.

And I really don't want to have to do a clean install if possible.

Last edited:
If you are avoiding a clean install, you upgraded. And you can't upgrade from XP so again, you need to do a clean install. I have no idea what condition you're in and that would explain your problem(s). Sorry, but I don't think anyone else can help either with an undefined Win7 state.

I didn't upgrade from Vista.

And I really don't want to have to do a clean install if possible.

Back