Cursor jumps to pointer....

When I'm writing in Word (Windows 7) the cursor jumps to where the pointer is. In other words, when I'm writing a sentence and I wait a bit and then continue I'm writing text in a previous paragraph.

This happens very consequently but I didn't have this issue with XP.

I tried to figure out how to resolve this but was unsuccesful so far. Does anyone know the answer?

found the answer:

Go to mouse settings and change 'hide pointer while typing' under tab pointer options.

This is still a problem, I thought I had solved it but unfortunately not... anyone?

Hi Leanne,

I guess you are using a laptop? I had this problem too and I used to solve it by disabling the touchpad and using a usb mouse instead.

Alternatively you can grab a little program called 'TouchFreeze' that works like a charm. It's available from sourceforge.

Apologies if you're not using a laptop.

Hi Wakers,
Yes I do use a laptop. As a matter of fact the Windows 7 came with it.
And thank you for mentioning the mouse thing. I had a small mouse (a cheap one from Creative) installed a while back but I stopped using it. When I plugged it in back then it installed a small programm. So I tried to find that using SEARCH but it's not on there anymore.
Anyways, I have that mouse plugged in and so far it appears you are right! Yay! It doesn't screw up my articles anymore! I am a copywriter and need this laptop and the Windows Word application a lot but that jumping of the cursor to where the pointer was really getting on my nerves!!
Thanks again!!

Leanne

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.