Windows 7 Customise Taskbar icons

Bobbydav

I have a new HP Pavilion Dv6-6011TU laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit installed. I have until now, only experienced (inc old, old Windows ) Vista Home Premium's differences from XP and once the vagaries are sorted it's not much different from XP, however, Win 7 is a different kettle of fish I've found.

I like to place various Icons on my Taskbar to make access a little quicker for things like Windows Explorer (and run Maximised etc). Earlier versions of Windows allowed a right-click access to customise that icon but not Win 7 - all it does is allow me to unplug the icon from the Taskbar (or run the program). Can these program Icons be edited in any way? For instance, from the "old days", I like to add the /e, C:\ after the Target for Windows Explorer, so it starts just where I want it. I've tried but cannot emulate this in Win 7. Help please??

Thanks

Bob Davies

I found what I was after in a publication called "Tweaking Companion for Windows 7" by Koroush Ghazi - a most enlightening and very worthwhile read. All I had to do was right-click on the Explorer Icon on the Taskbar and right-click again on Explorer which enabled the properties dialog I was after.

Bob Davies

Back
Top Bottom