Windows 7 Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra question?

Dawen Maurer

I had this trial version before and it expired then I uninstalled it. Then, I installed the new full version and the problem now is after completed the installation, when I try to open Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra by double clicking on the icon, it gave me no response. I can't even open this software, what is wrong with this? Is there anyone know what is the problem, your thought will be deeply appreciated.

P/S: I've tried to re-install few times and the result still the same... Pls help me! Thanks!

Last edited:
There is likely some remnant of the trial version stuck in the registry.
I would suggest starting a trouble ticket with Cyberlink and see if their Support people can suggest a solution to your issue.
If it was mine, I would perform an uninstall probably with the free version of Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems, then I would likely reboot and run Ccleaner CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download and reboot again and then I would probably do a registry search for the keyword Cyberlink and see what I could find and delete any reference to it.
And then since it seems that a few top tier antivirus products can cause problems with both the install and the uninstall, I would likely shut those down before attempting a new install of the product.
But that's just me. Cyberlink can probably help you out.
Regards
Randy

I suppose I should ask, have you tried opening it by using the actual .exe file? I would think the prior icon/shortcut has been replaced, but a simple thing to check.

I did not find any special uninstallers on the Cyberlink site, but it does say to uninstall it using the control panel.

I can't remember, but is there any special setup panel you can open on the Start Menu?

I had this trial version before and it expired then I uninstalled it. Then, I installed the new full version and the problem now is after completed the installation, when I try to open Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra by double clicking on the icon, it gave me no response. I can't even open this software, what is wrong with this? Is there anyone know what is the problem, your thought will be deeply appreciated.

P/S: I've tried to re-install few times and the result still the same... Pls help me! Thanks!

I had the same problem until I enabled my 3D accelerator (I'm using VMWare on a MBP to simulate Windows 7). Now, however, when the software loads I just get a blank/black screen and none of the software buttons/tools respond even though Task Manager is telling me otherwise. Can anyone help?

Back