VIDEO Cyberpunk 2077 CPU Benchmarks: AMD vs. Intel Bottlenecks, Stutters, & Best CPUs

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
:zoned:

Cyberpunk 2077 CPU Benchmarks: AMD vs. Intel Bottlenecks, Stutters, & Best CPUs In the latest YouTube video from Gamers Nexus, detailed benchmarks of Cyberpunk 2077 compared various AMD and Intel CPUs, revealing significant insights into performance differences, bottlenecks, and user experiences. The video dives deep into frame times, average FPS, and the real-world implications of CPU choices on gameplay experience.

Key Highlights from the Benchmarking​

1. Testing Setup: The benchmarks focused on various CPUs, including the Ryzen 5900X, 5600X, Intel i9-10900K, and i5-10600K. The testing was conducted under different graphic settings to see how these CPUs handle demanding scenarios, including resolution settings from 1080p to 1440p.
  2. Frame Times and Performance Metrics: The analysis emphasized the importance of frame time measurements, highlighting that while average FPS is crucial, it doesn't always give a complete picture. Significant frame time spikes were observed, especially in older CPUs like the Ryzen 3 3300X and the i5 8600K, which struggled under load, leading to noticeable stutters during gameplay.
  3. Comparison of CPU Performance:
    • The Ryzen 5900X came out on top with an impressive cap at 172 FPS average at 1080p low settings, followed closely by the i9-10900K.
    • The performance of lower-tier CPUs like the Ryzen 3 3300X demonstrated how a seemingly good average FPS could mask underlying performance issues due to inconsistent frame pacing.
  4. Game-Specific Factors: Cyberpunk 2077's buggy nature added complexity to the benchmarks, with various performance anomalies attributed to the game itself rather than the hardware. This aspect underlines the necessity for controlled testing environments to accurately measure CPU performance.
  5. Practical Implications: Users with CPUs marginally below the tested threshold (like the 3600) reported fewer significant stutters, suggesting that AMD's Ryzen 5000 series could be a recommendation for smoother gameplay experiences, particularly in CPU-intensive scenarios.

Final Thoughts​

The video serves as an excellent resource for gamers looking to optimize their setups for Cyberpunk 2077, emphasizing that while higher FPS is desirable, frame consistency is vital for an enjoyable gaming experience. Viewers are encouraged to consider the specific behaviors of their CPUs and weigh the importance of consistent frame times over mere average FPS. For further discussions on your own experiences or insights related to CPU performance in Cyberpunk 2077, feel free to share below! What CPU are you currently using, and how does it perform under load in this title? Let’s chat! If you're interested in the GPU performance, check out the linked content for a comprehensive look at how different graphics cards stand up under the same conditions.

Back