Windows Vista Damaged Hard Drive

wahn

I have a hard drive that seems to be damaged. Is there any way I can perhaps get windows to overlook damaged sectors and use only what works? What can I do?

Have you tried running chkdsk? Make sure you tick the box to fix broken sectors.. You can find chkdsk by right-clicking on your HDD, choose properties, tools and then 'check now'...

the HDD doesnt isnt even recognzed by windows anymore. When I boot with the damaged HDD plugged in Chksdk starts but cannot execute what it does.

Should I play around with different master slave connection settings?

Should I bring this HDD in for repair (Theres nothing really important on it)

Ideas?

Many Thanks,
W.

It sounds a a bit terminal if chkdsk refuses to run... I'm unsure how you would go about repairing it really..

It sounds a a bit terminal if chkdsk refuses to run... I'm unsure how you would go about repairing it really..

Buy replacement sadly, I had a segate let go, lucky I managed to backup once the fun started, because by the end of it it wouldn't even run chkdsk.

I accept with information:the HDD doesnt isnt even recognzed by windows anymore. When I boot with the damaged HDD plugged in Chksdk starts but cannot execute what it does.

Back