Windows 7 Dark Aero Themes (Relieve Insomnia)

Mystagogue

I've read how the brightness of LCD displays, directly in the eyes, contributes to insomnia. So I want to switch to a dark aero theme. I'm disappointed that the only available dark themes are "high contrast." I can't find any aero themes that are dark, but also have a background slide-show.

I tried downloading an aero theme that had a dark slide-show series, but its foreground is still "the usual white" brightness. No good. So I thought I'd combine a high-contrast with that new slide-show background I just downloaded. But they don't combine; the slide-show of the downloaded aero theme does not show as a selectable option when I'm trying to select a slide-show to go with my high-contrast setting.

How can I solve that last problem, and where can I find dark aero themes that fit the bill?

I'm disappointed that the only available dark themes are "high contrast." I can't find any aero themes that are dark, but also have a background slide-show.
Depending what browser you use.....I use Chrome and Edge Chromium....I add the extension "Dark Reader". Works wonders for browsers.

As for a dark theme for windows 7, you might try a google search for "dark themes for windows 7" and see what you can find. Otherwise you can upgrade to windows 10. Windows 10 has a dark mode/theme....which I use all the time.

Back