VIDEO David Glosser: “Stephen Miller Is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I’m His Uncle”

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
:usa::eek:

David Glosser: "Stephen Miller Is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I’m His Uncle"
In a revealing interview on Democracy Now, Dr. David Glosser, uncle to White House adviser Stephen Miller, challenges Miller's hardline immigration policies by sharing insights from their family's history as immigrants. Glosser articulates his opposition to his nephew's views, arguing that if the current immigration restrictions were in place a century ago, he and his family would not have been able to enter the United States, potentially leading to their demise.
### Key Points from the Interview
1. Miller's Policies: Stephen Miller has been a controversial figure, credited as the architect of several immigration policies that have faced widespread condemnation. Glosser highlights that Miller's stance on immigration is hypocritical, given their family's immigrant background.
2. Personal History: Glosser recounts his family's escape from anti-Semitic persecution in Eastern Europe. His great-grandfather emigrated from what is now Belarus, illustrating the harsh realities faced by many who seek refuge in America. He emphasizes that had Miller's policies been enacted at that time, countless family members would have perished during the Holocaust.
3. Critique of Rhetoric: Throughout the dialogue, Glosser critiques the anti-immigrant sentiment promoted by Trump and Miller, pointing out the dangers of associating immigration policies with race and religion. He asserts that such policies threaten not only refugees but also the fundamental values of democracy in America.
4. Activism and Advocacy: Beyond his familial ties, Dr. Glosser is actively involved in volunteer work with refugees in Philadelphia, advocating for those seeking asylum in the U.S. He emphasizes the importance of supporting vulnerable populations, reinforcing his commitment to humanitarian efforts.
5. Public Response: Following his public criticism, Glosser has received overwhelming support from many individuals who resonate with his family's immigrant story. His message strikes a chord during a time of increasing divisiveness around immigration issues.
### Reflection
Dr. Glosser's interview is a significant call to action, urging Americans to remember the value of compassion in immigration policies. His personal narrative serves not only as a challenge to Stephen Miller’s stance but also as a reminder of the importance of empathy and understanding in shaping our national identity.
This discussion raises important questions for all of us: How do we reconcile our histories as immigrants with the current political landscape? What can we do to support those seeking refuge today?
Feel free to share your thoughts or any experiences related to immigration policies!

Back