Windows 7 Debugging but not a BSOD - is this the right subforum?

RoddyJones

Hi, I was redirected here from another area of this forum.

I have not had any BSODs but the below

Machine: Win 7 Pro

I read good reviews of Online Armor and installed the current free one (v5?)

Once it installs and restarts, I can not get any programs to load like Mic Word, Firefox, Avast Anti Virus etc. I did close all programs and with Avast I turned to 'OFF' all the shields before install.

The error that arises is

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142.Click OK to close the application

I used System Restore point to fix. Restarted twice, reinstalled, same issue.

Update 16/07: I uninstalled Avast Anti Virus and then re installed Online Armor to exclude any clashes there, it made no differences, exact same error message arose and programs would not start. I used system restore again..

I browsed quickly through the stickies, I did check the minidump folder and there is nothing there, is there any way of collecting data on this issue given its not a full BSOD?

I might now try Commodo free firewall which looks to be another top free firewall.

Hi, I was redirected here from another area of this forum.

I have not had any BSODs but the below

Machine: Win 7 Pro

I read good reviews of Online Armor and installed the current free one (v5?)

Once it installs and restarts, I can not get any programs to load like Mic Word, Firefox, Avast Anti Virus etc. I did close all programs and with Avast I turned to 'OFF' all the shields before install.

The error that arises is

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142.Click OK to close the application

I used System Restore point to fix. Restarted twice, reinstalled, same issue.

Update 16/07: I uninstalled Avast Anti Virus and then re installed Online Armor to exclude any clashes there, it made no differences, exact same error message arose and programs would not start. I used system restore again..

I browsed quickly through the stickies, I did check the minidump folder and there is nothing there, is there any way of collecting data on this issue given its not a full BSOD?

I might now try Commodo free firewall which looks to be another top free firewall.

Hi and welcome.

If you check in event viewer there may be a log of the issue which we can use to diagnose it.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Back
Top Bottom