Windows 7 default folder size...

stevae

does anyone here know how to set a default folder size, so that every window opened will display my folders the same size? i like the bigger folders and would like to set it for the entire system, instead of having to continually reset it every time i open a new folder. thanks!

That's a good question, the answer may lie in the 'tools' - 'folder options' - 'view' menu, when you open a folder, I remember a setting in XP which allowed for setting the default folder icons. I tried changing one or two things in the W7 version of that menu but it didn't seem to change anything though. My folders seem to default to 'details' view then it remembers after i've changed it.

Syex

well, i found the answer to my own question. if you open a folder in win 7, then click on organize, you will see an option called, "folder and search options". go to view, then click on apply to all folders. now that only works for folders of that type. but if you take a moment to open several different types, and do the same thing, it handles all of them.

Back