Windows 10 defender

Elvismade

hi guys im having serious issues with windows defender not updating automatically.. i recently upgraded to windows 10, without incident.. but now i am receiving security notifications, that my defender is out of date. it has been two days and its failing to update, ive also tried to manually download the definitions from the microsoft site without success, internet connection is working fine tested it with other downloads

Replace it with a commercial AV there are some good free ones like Avast and AVG. Defender does poorly when tested against commercial products.
Joe

hi guys im having serious issues with windows defender not updating automatically.. i recently upgraded to windows 10, without incident.. but now i am receiving security notifications, that my defender is out of date. it has been two days and its failing to update, ive also tried to manually download the definitions from the microsoft site without success, internet connection is working fine tested it with other downloads

Open settings, security and updates. Force a search. It should contains an update for Defender - mentions definitions.

Check how 10 updates are being downloaded and installed using settings. I have set mine at 08:00 and every 4 hours. Also check your time/date from settings to ensure you have the correct date format for your country. Mine was set to mm/dd/yy after upgrade. Instead of dd/mm/yy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom