Windows 7 Defragger software

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I do not like the win7 defragger - It is very slow. I found a 3rd party program called "Auslogics Disk Defragger". I like it as it seems to do the job and is quick about it. Malwarebytes sees it as Malware and has quarantined it. Does anyone have any info about this software? Thanks.

I used to use it a while ago and used to swear by it. If the install is also carrying options to install other apps (sometimes hard to spot ) then Malwarebytes may see it as a PuP or potentially unwanted program.

That's exactly what they are calling it. Don't you use it anymore? I can try excluding it again I guess. Thanks.

Don't you use it anymore?
No as it's primarily for Hard disk drives and I use SSD's so to be honest I now just use the windows defragger as that trims the SSD's fine. (takes a few seconds). Funny how things turn out i guess.. :)

I doubt it will do that.

What i meant was that sometimes you'll install these apps and you'll find that another app has been installed alongside like a browser. Usually there's a checkbox so you can option out of the additional software but it's not always easy to spot.

I don't recall it having an optional software piece. I have seen that option in other software downloads, but I don't recall it being on Auslogics. So is that the only way a possible PUP would be installed -- thru a visible option like that? If not, I don't think I'll install it again. Thanks again.

So it loads adware. It's not malicious is it? Everywhere you go on the net someone has ads aimed at you due to your surfing habits. I guess I just don't get the the threat involved. Thanks again.

As long as your aware where's the harm? Hope all goes well..

Back