Delete confirmation

Does anybody know how to switch off the popup that asks you to confirm when you delete a file(s)?I have disabled this option on vista but on 7 I don't know how to...

webscaper

Right click the recycle bin on the desktop and select properties. Remove the check mark from the display delete confirmation dialog box.

Attachments

Right click the recycle bin on the desktop and select properties. Remove the check mark from the display delete confirmation dialog box.
Thanks a lot!It was so easy!I was looking for that in control pannel...

Most emphatically this (former solution via XP and Vista) does not work with Win7 64bit, on either of my two machines. Any other suggestions most appreciated.

TE, ret.

Seems that I had all drives set to 'do not move to recycle bin - delete immediately' which I supposed would eliminate the nag, but it isn't so. Setting all drives delete cache to a finite size and THEN deselecting the prompt works. Thanks for prompting me about the prompt, promptly.

TE, ret.

Setting delete to NOT put the files in the Recycle Bin EVER, can be dangerous, especially if you delete a file by mistake. It's GONE!

I leave the defaults set for the Recycle Bin and if I want to delete stuff without it going into the Bin, I just hold down the left shift key when I hit Delete..... and OUT IT GOES! Simple and much safer.

Cheers Mates!
Old Timer

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.