Windows 7 delete folder

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I removed a camera program with Revo but see a folder called FlipShare in my video library. FlipShare is the name of the software Revo removed(I used the safe pass).
Can I safely delete the folder?
Thank you

Yes - software removal is rarely complete and usually leaves odd folders (typically the install folder in programs and documents folders as in your case) and registry entries behind. If ever you're in doubt about removing such bits you can always copy them across to some temporary storage folder before deleting so you could recover it if necessary then delete it sometime later when you are sure there is not going to be a problem.

Thank you Pat.
I enclosed an attachment of the folder for your perusal.
By copying the folder to a storage area do you mean sending it to a flash drive for example?
Peter

By copying the folder to a storage area do you mean sending it to a flash drive for example?
Yes that's what I'd do but in fact your case is even more clear cut - those folders are solely for storing user data for I/O to the program and although we can't see what is in them it is only of any interest if you stored the out put from the prom there and wish to keep it after removing the software.

Hi Pat
I am not too techy and had trouble with some of the terms like "I/O" + "out put from the prom".
Is the long and the short that if I don't need any info in it , it is probably ok to delete.

I changed my method b/c it involved 2 flash drives and the date was not there.
I reinstalled the folder, renamed it FlipShare(just as it was) but added, deleted-11-19-11.
Now I have a date and reason.
In a while I will remove it if it is not causing issues.
Thank you
Peter

I/O is just short for input/output - either way it refers to user data which you have may input to the program or the program output from when you ran it. I'm sure it's deletion will have no issues but you've played a sensible safety shot there and will be ok with that.

Pat
I won't pester you but thought it important to tell you I made an error. I renamed the folder in the library>videos instead of righ tclicking and finding the real folder's path.
I since made the adjustment.
Thanx for you help.

Back
Top Bottom