delete option missing? bug?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by UnKnOwN, Mar 6, 2009.

1. UnKnOwN

UnKnOwN New Member

i hooked up my cell phone via usb to access my pictures but i cant delete, so i'm like o...k....
    then i proceeded to put my SD card from my digicam in my card reader, and i cant delete either! so it leads me to believe that windows 7 will not let you delete from memory card. I tried using the delete key on my keyboard, does nothing. see screenshot. (notice that theres no cut option either.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/AzNbOi1205/delete.jpg

2. ickymay

ickymay New Member

that looks like the right click options I get when I am in view only for any file , so that would suggest it could be about ownership and rights ;)

have you tried right click properties on the main drive or folders or even files and setting ownership to you ??

3. UnKnOwN

UnKnOwN New Member

right clicking the drive, folder and file gives no security tab and no options to grant ownership.

4. ickymay

ickymay New Member

I just tried with my SD card from my camera and I get all the options such as cut and delete etc , but when I pulled the card then set the slider lock on the side of the Sd card itself then when reopened with my card reader I had the same as you with no option to delete or cut etc ;)

have you tried that unlock on the card ??

5. UnKnOwN

UnKnOwN New Member

i just took the card out of the my card reader and popped it back in and it worked. didnt know there was even a lock on the card. maybe it got accidently hit while putting it in/taking it out..