Windows 7 Deleted files do not dissappear from folder

Gil80

Extraordinary Member
Hi there.

I have a strange problem that I've noticed two days ago. When I delete files or file, and it doesn't matter what kind of file, the files do get deleted, however, I still see them in the folder as if they are not deleted. I have to press F5 to refresh the folder in order to update the view.

What gives?

Thanks,

Gil.

Hello Gil,

That is very strange and this really isn't a fix, but click the back button to go back to the directory you deleted the file from, then go back again ans see if it's still there.

Also, empty your recycle Bin, delete the file and dsee if it shows up there.

the strange thing doesn't happen all the time.

I tried what you suggested but now it's ok. But it happened before and it will happen again.

I deleted an item and it was deleted but visually is still there and then I went out of that directory and came back again and it was gone. But there is an addition.... I randomly get a message from windows saying that I do not have a permission to do what ever and that I need an administrator permission. Now, I only want to copy a file over some location so why do I get this message?

Try going to Start > Conrail panel > User Accounts and set the slider to Click Change User Account settings and place the slider to the 3rd or 4th setting.

I'm really at a loss

When you empty the recyle bin is it gone:

Do you have one or more partitions or two hard drives on your PC?

I have two physical drives. The first one is divided to C:\(Windows) and E:\(work & Games -> my documents, my pictures, downloads)
and the second one is D:\(Music & Videos -> my music, my videos)

When I empty the recycle been the files are gone, visually for sure.

The problem happens mostly on drive E: in the picture folder.

I have the same problem and it only started when I installed the Windows 7 that I received in the mail, not with any beta or RC versions I downloaded from online.

The problem just started happening with me today. It's been doing this since Windows had one of those Automatic Upgrades. I don't know if it's related, though--

I'm really at a loss

When you empty the recyle bin is it gone:

Do you have one or more partitions or two hard drives on your PC?

You may want to try this registry tweak...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Update
"UpdateMode"=dword:00000000 ... set it to 1 for fast updates.

Back