Windows 7 Deleting Old User Accounts

One Piece

I have an admin account, but it's the only account for my computer. I used to have plenty of old accounts, some of which were also admin accounts. When I decided to delete them, I chose to keep the files just in case. Now I realize I don't need them but it won't let me delete them.
I went to one topic that stated the same thing. They used a program called Process Explorer. I just downloaded that but I can't seem to find any of the old user's files on there.
How can I delete these files?

One Piece:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
If these are the typical folders saved to your desktop with the old user account name, then you may need to take ownership of them before you are able to delete them. And even after taking ownership you may still need to grant your self full permissions from the security tab within the properties of each individual folder before you can finally delete them successfully.
Here's a link to a small app that might help by adding the Take Ownership utility to the Windows 7 Right Click Context menu. I have often found it a handy tool in these circumstances.
Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek
Keep us posted.
Randy

Hi,

This is really good steps to follow to remove old user if you like to move database or copy the value from one user to another please follow this Micorsoft Article ID: 811151.

:)

Back