Windows 7 Dell 8 in one card reader driver

VrmpX

Hello,

Since I've been using W7 I've been unable to read stuff from my SD Card. I'm using the reader that came by default with the laptop, it's a Ricoh R5C833 8 in 1 card reader.

I already tried installing the Vista 32 bit driver, but that doesn't seem to do the trick (In the device manager, this driver doesn't show up).

In the device manager, the name of my current SD driver is "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller", I also tried uninstalling this and waiting for Windows to reinstall a driver. It reinstalled the same one.

I'm sure there might not be a compatible driver yet, if thats the case is there any type of workaround?

Thanks for the time.

Hello,

Since I've been using W7 I've been unable to read stuff from my SD Card. I'm using the reader that came by default with the laptop, it's a Ricoh R5C833 8 in 1 card reader.

I already tried installing the Vista 32 bit driver, but that doesn't seem to do the trick (In the device manager, this driver doesn't show up).

In the device manager, the name of my current SD driver is "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller", I also tried uninstalling this and waiting for Windows to reinstall a driver. It reinstalled the same one.

I'm sure there might not be a compatible driver yet, if thats the case is there any type of workaround?

Thanks for the time.

Hi VrmpX,
you may have already tried this but try right-clicking on the driver,choose properties, compatibility and then run as if it's under vista SP1. Then try running the driver and see if it makes a difference. It's a long shot but you never know....

Back