Dell latitiude d505

For my sins I have installed on my laptop and the one driver probelm I can not resolve is the video controller I need.

I ran a report to see the video card installed and it tells me it is a Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (64 MB)

I have tried updating the driver but to no avail.

The main problem is that i usually use 2 monitors that worked perfectly with XP service pack 3 installed. Now I can not get the 2nd monitor to act as an extended desktop. It will only clone the original screen

Would love to solve this

Andy:confused:

reghakr

Essential Member
I couldn't find it on Intel's' site, only versions for 2000 and XP.

I did locate this one, and there is a driver that matches your and it states it works with Vista 32-bit

Here's the link:
Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Thanks for that but it says it is not designed for my system, guess I'll have to stick with one monitor and also do without the aero visual effects

Andy

Just thought I would keep you posted on this one, finally found alink that worked and installed a new grahhics driver that 7 "liked"

Forgot to save the link bu the driver is
Title: Video: Intel Extreme Graphics 855 GM DRVR
Version : A13
OEM name : Intel Extreme Graphics 855 GM
OEM Version: 6.14.10.4396e
Created : Monday, November 07, 2005

Hope this helps someone

Andy

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.