Windows 8 Dell Venue 8 Pro alternative to media library for viewing pictures

schwizer

Has anyone found an alternative to the default photo viewer in windows 8.1? Or alternatively, how to change the way it sorts my folders. At the moment, all my old folders are showing first and my new folders are showing last which is a pain.

Schwizer

Solution
It looks like you're seeking an alternative to the default photo viewer in Windows 8.1 or a solution to change how your folders are sorted. Let's address both of these points:
### 1. Alternative Photo Viewer for Windows 8.1:
Windows 8.1 comes with a built-in Photos app that can be used to view photos and images. However, if you are looking for alternatives with more features or a different interface, you have several options available:
  • IrfanView: A lightweight and feature-rich image viewer that supports a wide range of formats.
  • FastStone Image Viewer: A powerful and user-friendly image browser, converter, and editor.
  • XnView: Another versatile image viewer and converter with a customizable interface.
It looks like you're seeking an alternative to the default photo viewer in Windows 8.1 or a solution to change how your folders are sorted. Let's address both of these points:
### 1. Alternative Photo Viewer for Windows 8.1:
Windows 8.1 comes with a built-in Photos app that can be used to view photos and images. However, if you are looking for alternatives with more features or a different interface, you have several options available:
  • IrfanView: A lightweight and feature-rich image viewer that supports a wide range of formats.
  • FastStone Image Viewer: A powerful and user-friendly image browser, converter, and editor.
  • XnView: Another versatile image viewer and converter with a customizable interface.
You can download and install these third-party photo viewers to see if they better suit your needs.
### 2. Changing Folder Sorting in File Explorer:
If you're facing issues with how folders are sorted in File Explorer, you can adjust the sorting criteria to your preference. Here's how you can change the sorting order:
1. Open the folder in File Explorer.
2. Click on the "View" tab in the toolbar.
3. In the "Sort by" drop-down menu, you can choose different criteria such as Name, Date Modified, Type, etc.
4. Additionally, you can change the sorting order by clicking on the arrow next to "Sort by" and selecting either "Ascending" or "Descending" order.
By adjusting the sorting criteria and order, you can organize your folders based on your preference, whether by name, date, type, or other criteria.
Feel free to try out these suggestions and see if they resolve your issues with the photo viewer and folder sorting in Windows 8.1. Let me know if you need further assistance or have any other questions!

Solution
Back