Windows 7 Dep??

rickory

Extraordinary Member
Why would DEP shut down IE when I go to a specific web site without having changed any settings. This has happen out of a clear blue sky!! Any suggestions,commments?:confused:

Hi rickory

A couple of things that have worked in similar situations;
Try using Shell Extensions Manager and see what shell extensions you've got installed which could be causing the problem.
also try:
Turn off System restore.Run Chdsk and let it repair,switch DEP to exclude Explorer

Why would DEP shut down IE when I go to a specific web site without having changed any settings. This has happen out of a clear blue sky!! Any suggestions,commments?:confused:
It sounds a little like a Hi-Jack, you know from a Trojan Program. I know it's probably far-fetched, but you should probably not rule it out. I've had strange occurrences happening on my computer lately. A program suddenly goes on for no reason. I think it's something to do with Microsoft's new downloads- I'm hoping it'll adjust and go away.

Thanks to the both of you.I still have the problem even after excluding IE and Java from DEP. I ran ckdisk but did not turn off restore. When it's turned off it will delete all restore points. I through best not to do that.
The web site is ctweather.com. Their radar is live and runs on java. I've had no problems until the other day when dep shuts down IE saying the program did not run correctly. All other links on the site are fine except the radar link.I don't seem to have the problem anywhere else. Any other hints?

It sounds like the UAC with DEP-(Data Execution Prevention) when it suspects malicious code, it intervenes and shuts a process down. Have you run any 3rd party development software lately? It's been known to shut down unfamiliar programs occasionally.

Well I did a restore to the day before the problem started. Problem solved. I hate not knowing what is going on.I have started to believe that you need to accept that when using the Vista OS! I did nothing to this computer to change anything. If there not so many issues I would go to using XP in a second.
I thank you both for your help.:):confused:

Back