Windows 7 Desktop bug - unable to see/create shortcuts

PwnageSoul

Hey guys, I have a Windows 7 home premium 32 bit. I was swapping parts (mem,gpu,cpu) around to troubleshoot for another problem I've been having, when all of a sudden, I log on and all my desktop shortcuts are gone. I can't create any more, and I can't left click (and drag those dotted boxes around) on my desktop. I can, however, right click and click on the little menu that comes up next to your mouse; However, I cannot alter my desktop (aside from setting different backgrounds). What can I do?

E8400~3.0ghz
BFG GTX260
4gb (1x4) ~1333hz RAM
Antec 1000watt PSU
eVGA 790i Ultra mobo

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a Windows 7 home premium 32 bit. I was swapping parts (mem,gpu,cpu) around to troubleshoot for another problem I've been having, when all of a sudden, I log on and all my desktop shortcuts are gone. I can't create any more, and I can't left click (and drag those dotted boxes around) on my desktop. I can, however, right click and click on the little menu that comes up next to your mouse; However, I cannot alter my desktop (aside from setting different backgrounds). What can I do?

E8400~3.0ghz
BFG GTX260
4gb (1x4) ~1333hz RAM
Antec 1000watt PSU
eVGA 790i Ultra mobo

Create another user with administrative privileges and copy all of your user data over there. Select the new user account and your desktop should work. Delete the old account when everything is working.

Back
Top Bottom