Windows 7 Desktop changes

duus

OK: Normally when I start windows I have icons in every space horisontal. But sometimes when I start there is an extra room horisontal. when this happens every time I open certain games they go to a black screen, where I can see the desktop in the right side. The space where the desktop appears is preceisly as big as one icon.

Anyone who knows what is wrong and can help with a fix??

PS: I am using windows 7 x64

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your Windows desktop resolution and layout. When you see an extra horizontal space on your desktop, it may be affecting the way your games are displayed and causing them to go to a black screen. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

Fixing Desktop Layout Issue:​

1. Check Display Settings:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Screen resolution" or "Display settings."
    • Ensure that the resolution is set correctly for your monitor.
    []Adjust Desktop Icons:
    • Right-click on the desktop and choose "View."
    • Uncheck "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid."
    • Drag the icons to rearrange them as needed.
    [
    ]Restart...
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your Windows desktop resolution and layout. When you see an extra horizontal space on your desktop, it may be affecting the way your games are displayed and causing them to go to a black screen. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

Fixing Desktop Layout Issue:​

1. Check Display Settings:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Screen resolution" or "Display settings."
    • Ensure that the resolution is set correctly for your monitor.
    []Adjust Desktop Icons:
    • Right-click on the desktop and choose "View."
    • Uncheck "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid."
    • Drag the icons to rearrange them as needed.
    [
    ]Restart Explorer:
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Under the "Processes" tab, find "Windows Explorer," right-click it, and choose "Restart."

Fixing Game Display Issue:​

[]Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.
    [
    ]Check Game Settings:
    • Within the game settings, check the display resolution settings and ensure they match your monitor's native resolution.
  2. Run Games in Windowed Mode:
    • If the issue persists, try running the games in windowed mode to see if they display correctly.

Additional Tips:​

• Reboot your computer after making changes to apply the settings.
      • Consider updating Windows 7 with the latest updates and patches for better compatibility and stability.
      Since you are using Windows 7 x64, make sure to apply these steps carefully to resolve the issue you are facing with the extra horizontal space and game display problems. Let me know if you need further assistance or encounter any difficulties while following these steps.

Solution