Windows 7 Desktop Inons

bwathen

I want to change the desktop icon for a website. However, whwn I right click and select properties and then click on change icon, there are only three (3) choices. How do I get more choices? On my old vista computer there seemed to be about a hundred choices.

ok what desktop icon are you looking for , a program?

also most files have in the main directorty a .ico file and the main program goes to this .ico file

you can create a picture , save it as .ico and then change through properties however i doubt it will look decent unless you get the right size, what icon are u looking for?

I want to change the desktop icon for a website. However, whwn I right click and select properties and then click on change icon, there are only three (3) choices. How do I get more choices? On my old vista computer there seemed to be about a hundred choices.

Try opening the site with IE and then look in temporary internet files there may be a Icon in there change the view to Large Icons to make it easier to find.
Joe

Your post is a little open. How are you trying, so far, to change the icon?
My procedure, fwiw, is to right click the item and select properties, and then "change icon". If I am not satisified with the shown default selection, then there are choices. You can browse through the (system32) dlls, or select the main source, which is C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll-
Another alternative is to download one of the free icon packages, such as
Free Icons Web - Icons, Free Icons, Stock Icons, Desktop Icon
to a folder, and browse there for something suitable.

Back