Windows 7 Desktop lagging

msrea

Sometimes when i click on multiple windows, it lags and sometimes freezes and doesn't respond and when i go into task manager, it says all the windows are running. Anybody can help?

Some info that might help you
Processor - Core 2 Duo @ 1.83 GHz
2Gb ram
running on Windows 7 x86

Hmm...so not that many then... Do you use any type of cleaner? If not try this.. CCleaner - Home

You could also try defragging your pagefile.. The easiest way to do this is to turn the pagefile off, reboot and then turn it back on again with perhaps a larger amount. Try the figure windows recommends.

Hmm...so not that many then... Do you use any type of cleaner? If not try this.. CCleaner - Home

You could also try defragging your pagefile.. The easiest way to do this is to turn the pagefile off, reboot and then turn it back on again with perhaps a larger amount. Try the figure windows recommends.
Oh yeah i have used Registry Booster 2010 and cleaned out stuff on it. But do you recommend me using CCleaner - Home??

You could always try it (it's free) and have you run any scans for virus/malware activity lately? Sometimes spyware can cause the symptoms you describe

You could always try it (it's free) and have you run any scans for virus/malware activity lately? Sometimes spyware can cause the symptoms you describe
Um i just got the laptop and thats when it happen soo certainately there shouldn't be any viruses

Are you actually running any security? Oh and don't think that just because your lappie is new that it still cannot have an infection... I've heard of machines getting infected within a few minutes of being online..

Are you actually running any security? Oh and don't think that just because your lappie is new that it still cannot have an infection... I've heard of machines getting infected within a few minutes of being online..
Oh nah im getting AVG internet security as soon as my friend gives me it so yeah. And thanks for the tip =)

You can download it for free here: AVG Free - Download Free Antivirus and Antispyware for Windows 7, Vista and XP

I strongly suggest you download and install it straight away... If not the above then something, anything to get some protection..
Here's another free utility, this time from Microsoft.. Many use it in the forum and has been found to be good at what it does..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Please,please get some protection... You could lose your computer! There are viruses out there which will eat your HDD alive!

Last edited:
You can download it for free here: AVG Free - Download Free Antivirus and Antispyware for Windows 7, Vista and XP

I strongly suggest you download and install it straight away... If not the above then something, anything to get some protection..
Here's another free utility, this time from Microsoft.. Many use it in the forum and has been found to be good at what it does..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Please,please get some protection... You could lose your computer! There are viruses out there which will eat your HDD alive!
Ok i will install it right away Thank you for helping me =)

Your very welcome.. :D

Good luck with the install and if the problem persists then please post again.

Back