Windows 10 Desktop Problems.

Henry Wong

I am running a system with two monitors, one is running on a DVI and the other is running on a VGA. Not long ago I noticed that the VGA is cutting off one side of the desktop. The part it is cutting off the the strip on the left, the Windows button and everything up the left side of the screen. I really hope I explained right.

If you have a vertical black strip on the left or right or both, this will generally be due to having the wrong display ratio 4:3 or 16:9. I would start by looking at the resolution for the VGA screen. If it's extended beyond the screen boundary it could also be a resolution issue or the monitor itself. You can locate the auto adjust button and hit that and see if it resolves the issue.

Changing the resolution on the VGA monitor did work. I wonder if it is because the VGA is 4:3 and the DVI is a 16:10 or if it is the VGA monitor going out.

I think it was the resolution. Typically when monitors start going bad they will flicker a lot.

Update on this. After the Anniversary Update I can now run both monitors at full resolution and there are no issues at all. Guess it was just a little glitch they worked out or worked it self out with the update. Sorry it took me so long to post about this. I just remembered this thread today.

Back