Windows 8 DFS Issues

Barry Poopeas

I'm having a strange issue with a new Windows 8 machine - whenever I try and access a DFS share on one of our servers, I get one of two error messages, either:

"\\server\folder1\folder2\ is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is Denied"

or

"\\server\folder1\folder2\ is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

An unexpected network error occurred"

The think is, I AM the Administrator! Its definitely not a permissions issue as I have domain admin rights, so I have full control of all folders on the server. I've checked that the system time is correct too.

I've tested this on some other machines, and it'll work fine from an XP, Vista and 7 box (logged in using the same credentials), so I highly doubt that the issue is with the folders or permissions. For the life of me I can't figure out why it won't connect when logged into the Win 8 machine.

The server in question is running MS Server 2003 R2. I've tested on another server that's running MS Server 2003 R2 and it works fine, so I don't think the issue is with the Server OS

Can anyone advise on how to diagnose the fault?

Thanks in advance!!

Barry

I know it sounds silly but try clearing the Offline Files Cache.

Back
Top Bottom