Windows 7 DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1/24 bit Sound Card

DBV147

Hi all,

I'm trying to get WIN 7 x64 working with this sound card DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1/24 bit Sound Card. They dont have any drivers for win 7 only Vista x86. I had this card working with Vista x64 fine but havent been abl to with Win7 x64. Tried installing in compatability mode with both XP and Vista drivers. drivers install fine and it acts like the sound is working but nothing. I have the sound going through the optical SPDIF Out to a reciever. any ideas or help would be appreciated. thanks.

I downloaded and installed that C-media beta.

Windows 7 still does not recognize my diamond extreme 7.1 as even being there.

I am willing to wait about a week for a driver, if it is not out by then, I will find another sound card from a different manufacturer.

These companies have known about Windows 7 long enough to have drivers available by now.

Okay, I sit corrected.

It works on the 7.1 after install and reboot. You then have to go into the Xear 3D to get all of the speakers working.
This is a good download as long as you have the RAR archive tools to unzip the files.

this is a great post! i don't know how bobkn figured that out, but thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom