Windows 7 Disk boot failure then BSOD.

Narmani

I have a modified HP Media Center Edition. My dad was on it and said that it crashed with a BSOD. When I rebooted it said Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. I inserted the Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate installation disk that I had used to install this copy and the computer booted. Thee black screen with the windows logo showed before the computer did another BSOD. The message read: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED-AREA. I booted the computer again and attempted to do a system repair but it said that the problem could not be repaired automatically. I was unable to do a system restore because it said no image was saved. I keep getting the BSOD every time I attempt to boot. I have not recently added any new hardware and there is nothing in the USB ports. Does anyone know what the problem might be. Thanks for your time and help.

Two things show red flags. The term "Modified" and "Dad". ;-)

But seriously, have you asked your Dad if he noticed anything strange prior to the problem? Was he downloading any software or installing anything?

Can you boot into Safe Mode using the F8 key?

You may want to go to the BSOD forum and check the sticky for uploading a mini dump file. Maybe they can help.

Back