Windows 7 "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error message during Minecraft

Wyz

Hello everyone, I've checked out the other threads for similar problems to mine, but I've had no success, and I thought I'd post my problem. I bought Minecraft yesterday for my HP pavilion dv6 laptop (i7 2.2ghz, 8gb ram, ATI Radeon 6770m HD w/ 2gb vram) and to my surprise, the game would crash anywhere from 5 seconds to 10 minutes in. The weird thing is, I've had a free version for ~2 weeks and this has never happened. The crashing has only occurred recently (once or twice before I bought the game on the free version). I've tried updating video drivers, reinstalling, BIOS updates, checking temperatures, 64 bit Java installs, clean installs, and registry cleans, and nothing is working. Does anyone know a solution? I've posted to maybe 4 other sites about my problem, and nothing has worked so far. Thanks guys! Also worth mentioning that Minecraft is the only game that this happens to, WoW and Skyrim run @ 60 fps on ultra, not sure why. amd.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom