Windows Vista display folder names with text, not on top

rhubarb

Is there any hack to display folders inline with the file names as opposed to displaying folders first?

Hi!!! Perhaps this can help--- Go to the article entitled "How to show hidden files and folders/OS Vista. (Titled just like that on the Internet). Make sure you scroll down past the XP stuff. There is also a website called "tech-recipes-Your cookbook of tech tutorials" When you bring up that site, type into the search "Vista- show or hide file extensions. Sincerely, Celestra P.S.- Hope that is what you want..

Have you tried clicking 'views' along the top of the open window?

Showing hidden files is not what I'm asking. This is not a view option either. Here's an example of what I'm looking for.

Currently in a folder you might see:

Folder 1
Folder 2
A file 1
A file 2
Z file 1
Z file 2

I want to know if there's a way to make it like the following:

A file 1
A file 2
Folder 1
Folder 2
Z file 1
Z file 2

Hi!! If you press the Alt key 1, I believe you can see the menu bar as in Windows XP. Also, if you open up a standard folder with files in and arrange them the way you want, so in the details view and "Align to grid", then go into the folders options and click the Apply to all folders, this should set up every folder in windows to look like how you set it up. (Zack Whittaker, if you can scope him out, might be able to help you more on this topic) Former Microsoft employee- UK. [email protected] Sincerly, Celestra

Back